Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Quick and Easy Tip for Moving Furniture by Yourself

Occasionally I decide that I want to rearrange my furniture and when I do it's usually when I have some time to myself.  I also happen to be a little impatient so I decide furniture needs to be moved I usually would rather tackle it myself than wait for someone to help me.   So I've followed my own advice that I tell my kids when they're getting frustrated.

Don't Push Harder--Think Smarter
They may be small and physically incapable of certain things but they have a lot of smarts and when challenged can come up with some great ideas.  So I decided to take my own and advice and thought up an easy trick to assist me in rearranging furniture by myself.  
As you can see I'm moving a black dresser that was under my TV from my family room to dining room on the carpet.  I just took a cereal box and opened it up so it laid flat (I had also painted something on this one too).  
I lifted one end of the dresser and slide the cereal box under with my foot (careful not to pinch toes) and then put the other cereal box (you can see on the left) under the other side of the dresser.  Once your boxes are underneath, it's like it's sliding across ice.  I was able to easily push or pull it into the other room and switch places with the white dresser I refinished. 









I think it looks so much better in this space than under the TV.  Soon I'll post the two DIY projects that I replaced it with.

I'm enjoying the holidays but I'm itching for another project and I think it's time to put some color on this piece. I already picked up some hardware at a garage sale and I'm thinking this is the lucky duck that's going to get it. (Just a quick FYI~ I found this dresser on the side of the road one day many years ago.  A fresh coat of paint and new hardware and it'll be ready for 8 more years.)

No comments:

Post a Comment